WELCOME TO RPA!
Complete a Master of Science degree in RPA 100% online! For more information contact Dr. Jon McChesney
See Links for Staying Healthy at Home Activities!!
Recreation and Park Administration
A Top 10 Program!
The Department offers a nationally accredited B.S. degree and a M.S. degree in Recreation and Park Administration. Students and faculty are engaged in classroom instruction, service learning projects, grant writing, and research. The faculty is committed and strongly believes in providing a combination of theory and experience to prepare and motivate students for successful employment in the field. The B.S. degree provides 15 credit hours of direct hands-on field experience. The senior practicum (REC 463) serves as an excellent transition from school to work and many students are hired directly out of their practicum. A career in park, recreation and leisure services enables students to have an impact in their work, in their communities, on the environment, and in the lives of others!
Student Competitive Advantage
• Department is the #8 Longest Accredited Program in Nation!
• Hands on Learning! Service Learning Focus - Average of 40 per year!
• Field Experience (REC 163-45 hours; 263-90 hours; 463-480 hours)
• Professional Conference Attendance & Presentation
• Professional Networking System
• Only Therapeutic Recreation Program in the Nation (BS & MS)!
• Portfolios required
RPA is committed to having our students compete well for professional positions in the field of recreation, parks and tourism services. For more information about the RPA Competitive Advantage, contact Department Chair Dr. J (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Recreation Management & Event Planning (event planning 33% growth); Corporate Event Planners average $93,719
• Therapeutic Recreation has been named one of the best jobs for saving the world and CNBC named TR one of the Best Jobs Outside the Cubicle!!
• U.S. News & World Report has named Recreation and Fitness Worker as one of the best jobs!!
• Bureau of Labor indicates that Rec Jobs will grow 19% between 2010 & 2020
• Outdoor Recreation is a $646 billion industry with 6.1 million American jobs, and 140 million American participants. In Kentucky, outdoor recreation results in 105,000 jobs, $8.4 billion in consumer spending, and $552 million in state and local revenue.
|RPA Bachelor of Science Brochure||1.38 MB|
|RPA Master of Science Brochure||1.95 MB|
|2019 RPA Master of Science Flier.jpg||107.93 KB|